Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson gives warning about mushrooms after dog Brutus dies

Written by on September 30, 2015 in Celebrity Critters - No comments

The Rock sure loves his puppies.

On Labour Day, he posted/boasted about how he saved his dogs Brutus and Hobbs from drowning in the family swimming pool.Rockfeature

Yesterday, Dwayne Johnson posted another Instagram message about his dog, this time with a sadder message. Brutus went out into the family yard, ate some mushrooms while playing outside.

This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return.

The Rock says he had to make the difficult decision to have his dog put down after it appeared there was no way of saving his life.

Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed. At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace. As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members. Thank you Dr. Deckelbaum and Dr. West and the incredibly caring nurses and staff at The Animal Medical Center At Cooper City. We’ll always love you Brutus.. and you’ll always be my lil’ main man and rough housing Brute. #RIPBrutus #WishICouldveSavedYouOneMoreTime

A photo posted by therock (@therock) on

Please follow and like us:

About the Author

Peg Fong is also in recovery from newspapers

Leave a Comment