A dog owner who rushed his chihuahua who was behaving oddly into the veterinarian’s office after fears his pet ingested methamphetamine was arrested and charged with animal cruelty when tests came back positive for the drug.
The chihuahua named Jack Sparrow was brought the dog to the Inland Valley Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Center in Upland for erratic behavior.
The owner told doctors he believed the dog may have ingested the drug methamphetamine. Doctors tested Jack and found he indeed had tested positive for the drug.
Once this was told to the owner, he left the care center, taking Jack with him.
Doctors observed Jack suffering from convulsions and seizures and felt Jack’s life was in jeopardy. The veterinary staff called the Fontana Animal Services Team and members then went to the owner’s residence in the 10400 block of Hemlock Ave. in the city of Fontana. The owner had given the veterinary office the address at the time of check in.