Fancy a curry? Seagull turns orange after falling into vat of chicken tikka

We think the people who work at Vale Wildlife Hospital are pretty great.

They rescued a seagull recently who had turned bright orange after an encounter with a food vat full of curry. The bad news was it took a lot of washing to get the bird cleaned up. The good news was that the bird smelled delish.

Vale Wildlife Hospital started in 1984 in a family home  in the village of Cropthorne in Worcestershire in the U.K.

It’s now at its present site in Beckford, between Tewkesbury and Evesham.The hospital consists of a number of portacabins where wildlife gets rehabbed.

Like this seagull you see in the picture above.

It fell into a vat of chicken tikka while foraging for food at a factory and was rescued by workers at the site in Wales.

Staff at the hospital used washing-up liquid to remove the bright orange from the seagull’s feathers. They returned him to its original white colour but have not been able to wash away the smell of curry.

Lucy Kells, veterinary nurse at the hospital, said in an interview in the Guardian:

He really surprised everyone here – we had never seen anything like it before. He had fallen into a waste vat of curry that was outside, it was chicken tikka masala. The thing that shocked us the most was the smell. He smelled amazing, he really smelled good.

“He cleaned up surprisingly well at the hospital, we used washing-up liquid a few times.”

This is how the gull looked after the chicken got washed away.

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 4.04.25 PM

h/t: Vale Hospital 

About the author

Peg Fong is also in recovery from newspapers

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.