Yellowknife residents lost power earlier this week after an unfortunate series of events sparked by a raven caused a power outage and a forest fire.
A raven touched one of the wires, was electrocuted and fell to the ground. On the way down, he started a fire and it cut off the power.
The power was out in Yellowknife, Behchoko, Dettah and N’dilo for about an hour and a half over the supper hour on Monday.
The region is now receiving hydro power solely from the Snare system.
The N.W.T. Department of Environment and Natural Resources says the fire has scorched about 15 hectares of land. Water bombers have been dispatched to fight the fire along with more than a dozen firefighters who are on site this afternoon.
h/t: CBC News North
Photo credit: CBC