A mischievous squirrel sparked fire at a cheese factory, which caused 82,000 litres of milk to curdle — in a bad way.
The fire broke out in Burnaby, British Columbia on Tuesday morning sending a hydro pole up in flames. Fire crews found the fire cut power to Scardillo Cheese, the province’s largest independent producer of fresh cheese. More than 150 local residents also lost power.
Officials said a squirrel chewed through a piece of equipment.
But really, it was the cheese factory singing the blues as it went without power for 12 hours, which spoiled vats upon vats of milk.
“It was in the vats to make cheese,” administrator Kathy Scardillo told the Burnaby Now.
The already processed cheese, however, was just fine.
The company also used generators to keep it cool.
The suspect squirrel is still on the lam.
h/t Calgary Herald