Rattlesnake bites the hand that feeds it

A massasauga rattlesnake housed at the Toronto Zoo bit a keeper as the 45-year-old was feeding the slithery snake. The worker was taken to hospital in serious condition and administered with anti-venom serum. In a statement, the zoo said the worker was expected to make a complete recovery.

The zoo offers these snake safety tips. Importantly, if you’re bitten, don’t panic and get to a hospital immediately. 

h/t Toronto Star Photo Toronto Zoo

About the author

Recovering newspaper reporter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.